Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hair-raising skating


My synchro team has a competition in a few weeks. It should be interesting since with only a handful of practices left we've never done a complete run through of the program. We've never even completed more than three sections together successfully.

We've added a Monday evening practice now. We're running through each section of music multiple times, back-to-back and then adding on a new section. While this would seem like a difficult practice, I'm loving it. Skating hard, listening to the music, and focusing on improvements after coaches' advice is actually relaxing to me. I get in my own zone, just like someone who loves playing basketball who unwinds with a pickup game. I came home in a great mood.

I also came home with something more than an elevated mood.... we have hair pieces, so we all "match." Perhaps the idea is to impress the judges with our snazzy hair instead of messy program. So I had this big, braided, blondish thing handed to me after practice. It's supposed to clip into my real hair and make me look somehow put together. I showed it to my husband and he got a big laugh out of it. Thought I would share...

No comments: