Friday, December 26, 2008

I've got a Golden Ticket!

I'll have to mark Christmas of 2008 as one of the pleasantly memorable ones. I got to enjoy my nephew's first Christmas, good weather, perfect coffeecake, pretty bows and packages and getting tickets to see the ladies' long program at the World Championships this March in Los Angeles! Woohoo!

I've been to Worlds once before in Minneapolis in 1998. It was a worlds after an Olympics, which generally means the Olympic medalists skip it. This year being pre-Olympic, I'm looking forward to some great skating.

I get to see the Mao Asada - Yu-Na Kim battle live! Plus we'll see how Joannie Rochette fares and if the US ladies who make the world team rise to the occassion with fan support.

Ooo, I may see a lady complete a triple axel. I've only seen that on TV. Come on Mao you did two triple axels in the long during the Grand Prix Final... let's do it in LA too!

No comments: