Saturday, January 31, 2009

All of our practices are over, both on-ice and off. Just chillin' at the hotel waiting to do hair and makeup in a couple of hours.

We're skating in a real arena! A small arena, but a minor league hockey team plays there and an NBA development team of some sort. The temperature is comfortable along with cushy seats. There is a jumbotron in the center and a screen that loops around the seats. Oooh, then there are the locker rooms.

The locker rooms were clean and didn't smell like hockey equipment. They had regular bathrooms - that actually had doors on the stalls. Basically, they are professional rooms - clubhouse locker rooms - not the typical hole in the wall under the bleachers room for hockey. It had carpet in areas plus rubber matting for skates. There was some workout equipment around too.

I have been downing water as my skin is so dry, but I think I'm handling the altitude well. Several of my teammates have had some difficulty or have had asthma problems. I noticed WARNING sign about the altitude leaving the locker room after our official practice.

Our practices have been OK. I think our best was this morning at the practice rink a suburb over. We actually moved our moving circle for the first time in awhile. It seems to be coming together. We have already qualified for Nationals as all four masters teams move on. I hope we skate like deserve to go. I'll try my best.

No comments: