Friday, April 9, 2010

2010 Synchro World Champs & Summer Skating Camps

Due to craziness at work and remodeling our new home, I've cancelled my planned trip to go to the 2010 World Synchronized Skating Championships in Colorado Springs. What's that moaning and groaning sound you hear? It's me kicking myself, but really it's not the best time for a trip and this will let me take another skating vacation in the summer where I can actually skate instead of watch.

Two questions for anyone reading the blog:

1. Canada's SkateBuzz was going to stream the Synchro Champs but now they are only going to be putting up archives next week. Bummer. It doesn't seem that IceNetwork will be showing anything live either. Anyone know of a live stream anywhere???? I'll be reduced to watching the updated scores on isu.org without a stream...  I don't know as much about IJS scoring for senior synchro yet so that should be interesting.

2. Since I'm not going to Colorado Springs, I'm looking to go to a skating camp this summer. I know there's a big adult week in Lake Placid, but does anyone have any recommendations of adult camps they have attended? Last year, Alissa and Amber Czisny held a weekend seminar at the Detroit Skating Club. I haven't seen any info on the DSC site if that will be repeated this summer. If anyone knows about summer skating camps or want to reflect on summer skating in the past leave a comment as well!

Happy skating!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Following some synchro action via @whitethenubeige