Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Retry

Well, I did not pass my junior moves this Sunday. Three retrys across the board. I came close in points with all the judges, but not close enough.

I was really nervous and stiff in the warm-up. I kept thinking, "Why are you out here?" However, I walked around the lobby and loosened up before the test. The referee was one of the skating parents who took his daughter to the before-school practices with me when I was a teenager. He stayed involved in skating by becoming a judge. Small world.

As I progressed through each move, I felt better and could count down to the end. I skated the test well, just not quite to perfection. The judges comments alluded to me being cautious, i.e. slower than when I was a teenager!

I am a little disappointed in not passing after practicing the past few months, but I know what to focus on over the next couple of months to pass before the big change in the fall! Glad I got it out there. I think I'll do way better next time just based on having this one as a practice to get back in the game.

No comments: