Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Back Loops Today

This is what I took a stab at learning today, the new back loops in junior moves. It lead my coach to look up and say, "Thank God, there are still skaters who can back outside loops from learning figures." Yep, as a 30 something skater, I'm old enough to have spent too many pre-dawn hours toiling on back loops. I like this new move, but I've got a lot of work to do to perfect those loops. Here's an example from a youngin'




I also ran through the rest of the step sequence. I can't find a clip to share. I still need a good lesson in twizzles, I think I'm doing really sloppy running threes. The twizzles in this sequence are designed for those that passed an earlier test sequence that introduced twizzles with the new moves. There's a clip of the introductory moves below too.

2 comments:

physics girl said...

Wow those loops and twizzles are beautiful! I never did get to those moves when I was a young skater but I saw the senior skaters practicing their loops in patch. At a significantly reduced speed too! Are they difficult?

Elizabeth said...

The loops are a bit difficult, especially since I did them at a reduced speed in patch. I'm finding this move really works my abs, which is a good thing!