Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Skating With The Stars Guesses

In between the election coverage, Dancing With The Stars will have their 200th results episode. Big whoop. I'm finding the election on ABC with Facebook's stats more interesting. However, while America votes on their leadership and celebrity dancers, the cast of Skating With The Stars will be announced.

Supposedly, Vince Neill of Motley Crue is one of the stars. Bethenny Frankel of one of the Real Housewives shows is also supposedly a star (gag me with a spoon on that one).

Who knows if either are true, but neither have a skating background to my knowledge. I'm still holding out for some entertainers with some skating chops. Obviously, not near-Olympic level skating backgrounds, but something skating related like hockey, speedskating or a distant competitive figure skating past. My wishlist is still Vera Wang, Keanu Reeves and Condoleeza Rice. I still think there may be a possibility of Levi Johnston popping in there as a bookend to Bristol Palin on DWTS. He was a high school hockey player too.

On the professional end, I'm curious if participating would mean a definite end to being Olympic-eligible. I'm not sure if the show is going to be ISU-sanctioned. If it's not that may limit some participation for skaters who are "taking a year off" and are not sure if they are coming back to Olympic-eligible competition. If it is ISU-sanctioned, I suspect Tanith Belbin, Johnny Weir and Evan Lysacek will be involved. I'm also guessing Kristi Yamaguchi will be in there somewhere, maybe as a judge. Other possible pros could be Sasha Cohen, Ryan Bradley, Dorothy Hamill, Josef Sabocik, or David Pelletier.

Who has your vote tonight?

No comments: