Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Alissa Czisny's New Short Program

I'm sitting at Java on 4th, enjoying the free wi-fi. My connection keeps going out at home and I'm supposed to be packing to move into a new home. The new house is by the ice rink, so I've really got skating on the brain. I'm trying to figure out how to balance my day job demands and organize a coaching schedule. It would be good to get back into it during an Olympic year.

I was searching figure skating on YouTube - the second largest search engine in the world in case you didn't know. I searched by newest and found Alissa Czisny debuting her new short program to Zorro music at Skate Detroit.



Her jumps looked solid - triple Lutz + double toe, triple flip, double Axel. She's one of the best spinners around now. Her spins are so fast and centered, especially the ending combo spin of camel, sit, into the "Czisny" position. I always wonder why great spinners have some jump troubles like she tends to have. Being able to hold a spin position is much more strenuous and the back scratch spin is the jumping position in the air. That should be a topic for another blog... since I'm so good at blogging. ;)

The footwork sequence didn't sing yet, it was slow and there was a stumble. Overally, I think it has the potential for a great program. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the Grand Prix schedule.

No comments: