Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Staples Center Memories

So the Staples Center has been in the news, here are my favs from being there for Worlds in March:
I said Hi to Scott Hamilton and he said Hi to me! Really he did, he looked me in the eye even though this photo taken by my husband looks like I'm stalking him.


Alissa Czisny skated a lovely and strong free program to Dr. Zhivago. She's one of my favs and I was glad to see her live. She had all the pressure on her to represent as the American champion, I hope this was a good learning experience for performing under pressure - you can do it Alissa, don't write her off yet.

I met Brian Boitano! I complimented him on Alissa's skating, got a photo and we parted ways. But how cool was that?



Yu-Na Kim: Her performance was amazing, she changed the temperature of the arena. I didn't take a picture, I was so caught up in the performance with the rest of the audience, Korean fans and photographers. Here she is just getting her first look at her record breaking scores.



The champions: Yu-Na, Joannie Rochette & Miki Ando. Great performances all around.




















No comments: