Tuesday, March 23, 2010

World Championship Pairs Preview

I'm not as excited about the pairs event as I am the ice dancing event. My interest in the event is the US teams doing well at their first championships and possibly earning three spots for next year.

The podium is hard for me to predict as the reigning champions have had such an up and down season. I think they'll come out swinging, but they been lacking spark and spunk this season. There is another Chinese pair in the wings, Pang & Tong who have never fully capitalized on their talent and seem to always be 2nd or 3rd to the pair of the moment. Finally, the Russians may want to lick their Olympic wounds and skate away with a championship.

Here are more detailed previews:
Aaron's Axels, Loops & Spins

GoldenSkate

Required Elements

No comments: